Friday, July 22, 2005

History Repeating...



Infomatik - Parasol

This bunch of guys are musically firmly rooted in the late 70's early 80's, and why the hell not... like they say, "Everything old is new again", and this wouldn't sound too out of place on Movement, New Orders debut from 1981 but maybe with a twist of OMD for taste.
Infomatik are a three piece from Seattle comprising of Ben Larson on bass, Colin English on drums and Geoff Gardner playing keys and other stuff.

Just about every review I've read of them mentions Joy Division and New Order, hell, even their pictures owe a large debt to the memory of Joy Division... so I guess I'm no different in mentioning them....
But this next track kind of reminds me of what it would sound like if you were walking down a corridor in a rehearsal studio and Gang of Four, Depeche Mode and Heaven 17 were all playing the same song in different rooms, bits of each bands version drifting in and out....
But see what you think... I could be a million miles off.

Infomatik - The Mechanical Bride

Both these tracks are from their debut release proper... Technologies.

Visit - Infomatik
Visit - Infomatik @ Myspace

----------------------------------------

The other week I did a post on Baxter Dury, found here, where I stated how much I was looking forward to his new album Floor Show out next month...
Well I still haven't heard it, but this review at ROCKBEATSTONE just makes me want to get hold of it even more.

Visit - ROCKBEATSTONE
Visit - Baxter Dury

Pre-Order Floor Show - USA
Pre-Order Floor Show - UK

Simon
x

No comments: