Thursday, May 12, 2005

You Look Like You Could Use A Drink...



George Jones - Good Year For The Roses

Day 1

"Are you going to write about me today?"

"Maybe. It's all a bit mad at the moment. New job, sick dog. I've got better things to think about than George Jones songs."

"No you don't."


Day 2

"Hey! Putz! Write about me!"

"Yeah, but I thought about Window Up Above, or If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will). Why write about you? There's acres of great George numbers."

"Window is a good kid but he's just out of Chapel and a little bit creepy. As for Drinkin', he has it, but face facts, I'm better dressed than he is. And I shaved today. What else? Grand Tour? The Door? Tender Years? Great songs. BUT I'M THE ONE. YOU KNOW IT."


Day 3

Note on refrigerator door:


THINGS TO DO TODAY:

Buy Milk

Grow Up

Write the Piece

(Jesus Loves You)


Day 4

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Yes I can. I'm a song. Who else are you going listen to?"


Day 5

"Give it up."

"OK. But I'm going to compare you to Love Will Tear Us Apart. And The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More."

"Whatever. We all got the same look in our faces, I'll give you that. Just write the thing."

"OK. Then you'll leave me alone, right?"

"For a while, son, for a while."


Buy - The Essential George Jones: The Spirit of Country
Visit - George Jones

Mike.

No comments: