Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Me And Guiliani Having Cartrouble


Adam And The Antz - Cartrouble (Parts 1 & 2)
This is the opening track to one of my favourite albums of all time, it's constantly been in my top 5 for the last 25 years...(Jesus...!), and I guess always will be,.
The overall sound of the album is superb, scratching guitars, crisp drums and tunes all over the place...
I'm not sure what my favourite track from it is to be honest as it changes almost every listen, but I thought I'd go for this as it's track 1.
Shortly after the recording of this album Malcolm McLaren stole the rest of the Antz, Matthew Ashman (RIP), Andy Warren and Dave Barbarossa for Bow Wow Wow leaving Adam bandless...
But did he fret?
Did he buggery, he put a new band together around guitarist Marco Pirroni (ex Rema Rema) and very briefly Jon Moss (ex Damned and future Culture Club) on drumming duties, before recruiting two drummers and a new bass player....
And the rest as they say is history.
Although I have a soft spot for all the Antz albums and singles, I feel that the line up for this album was by far the best and basically never recorded a less than great song....
The album is Dirk Wears White Sox
The year was 1979.
The label was Do-It.

Now Buy-It - Dirk Wears White Sox
Visit - Antmuzic
Visit - Adam Ant



!!! vs LFO - Me And Giuliani Down By The Schoolyard (A Remix)
I'm not entirely sure about this to be honest, seems to take a hell of a long time to get going, but it's all worth it for the last couple of minutes when it just seems to push all the right buttons for me....
Think it should have been like that from the start though.
This was released last month by the great and wonderful Warp Label on 12" only.
Here the great and wonderful LFO(Mark Bell) gets let loose on it... Just wish there was a bit more of him on it though...
See what you think...

Visit - Warp Records
Visit - LFO
Visit - !!! @ Warp
Visit - !!! @ Brainwashed

No comments: