Friday, November 05, 2004

To Kill A Mockingbird...


The Boo Radleys - Lazarus (12" Version)
Just the one track today....
But what a beauty.
The very first time I heard this was in a club where I was a DJ, but that night my mate Stevie was doing the honors....
He started playing this and it stopped me in my tracks...
That wonderful dub intro...
Loads of bass rumble...
And when the song kicks in with that fantastic brass part I just ran upstairs to the DJ booth to find out what the hell it was, It's not very often that happens to be honest.
This was originally released in 1992 on the wonderful Creation Records and featured in a shortened intro kind of way on 1993's brilliant Giant Steps LP, and for all the people who still wanted it (and there were many) they released 2 CD singles in 1994 collecting all the mixes of it together including Secret Knowledge, St. Etienne, Augustus Pablo and Ultramarine mixes...
Non were better than the original 12" version though.
I've been listening to Giant Steps most of this week now and have to say that it's still a great great album, there is honestly not a duff track on it, and it still sounds massive.
If you don't already own it I really think you should rectify that right now.

Buy - Giant Steps
Visit - The Boo Radleys @ unofficial Creation Site
Visit - Creation Records, Doing It For The Kids
Visit - Martin Carr's (Boo's Guitarist) Band Brave Captain

No comments: