Friday, May 25, 2007

Were you hare when I was fox?



Those Monkees eh? Don't you just love them. Look at young Dolenz running all over the shop, look at little Peter Tork, what a dummy. Ah how we laughed. What fun. Their show was a favourite of mine as a kid because they looked cool and yet were stoopid, what a perfect combination. It's only as I have grown wise with age and temperament that I actually hear the music, before it used to just stop at 'The Theme'.

However I'm not here to extol the virtues of the 'FAB FOUR!' (No not those Liverpudlian fabrications), instead let me introduce a video of a young Tim Buckley playing 'Song To Siren' on the Monkees TV Show in March '68. Taken from the episode "The Frodis Caper" of which I know absolutely nothing about I just wikked this off of the Wikipedia, the vids good though don't you agree?

Buy - Tim Buckley 'My Fleeting House' rare videos on DVD
Visit - Tim Buckley
Watch- This Mortal Coil doing their version on YouTube oh and here's The Cult doing 'She Sells Sanctury' for no other reason than I loves it.

No comments: