Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You Turn Me On.....



Cinerama - You Turn Me On

I'd like to dedicate this track to my friend Elizabeth who says she might be going off Gedge...
If you're reading David, I'm sure she's only joking...
I hope so anyway.

I've mentioned before on SVC about how I think David Gedge is a seriously, seriously underrated songwriter and lyricist.
I know some say It's all teenage angst and miserableisms etc and he should just bloody cheer up, and act his age... blah blah blah!
There is that side to his music of course, songs about lost love and regret.
And that's what generally people think of when you mention The Wedding Present or Cinerama.

But then there is the other side of his songwriting, just like 'You Turn Me On'.
A song about meeting someone and the feelings you have for them that surpass anything you thought you'd ever feel again...

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the feelings you have when you meet someone very special surely don't change as you get older.
And I'm pretty damn sure that the feelings you have when it all goes horribly wrong don't change as you get older either.

Let's face it, as far as I'm concerned he's written about my life... (the up's, the down's and pretty much everything in between...)

But I guess I'm still full of teenage angst, and I'm definitely a bit of a miserable bugger.

But maybe not as much as I used to be though.

Buy - Cinerama - Va Va Voom
Visit - The Wedding Present & Cinerama


Simon
X

No comments: