Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fade to grey



Medium - Fade

God this song takes me back! I was a typical cantankerous teenager growing up in the Philippines tuning into Jeremiah Junior on Manila's 99.5 DWRT-FM and they played this all the time. It would have been about 1985 or something and all my friends and I just loved this song. This and 'Goodbye Horses' by Q. Lazzarus. But it was 'Fade' that really said something to us, it was ours you know.

New-wave synth pop, you really can't beat it can you but was it really 20 years ago? It can't be.

I think the lines:

"And now it's over, Both of us are free...
And I feel colder."


They still resonate don't they? This time I really understand though.

I don't know what happened to Medium...

Buy - Retro: Active Vol. 5 from Amazon DE
Visit: Synthpop.net

No comments: