Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gimme Indie Rock!



Finest Dearest - Idaho

In a time when there are so many genres and sub-genres in music that I find myself getting quite confused (that's not too difficult I know!)... Is it electro-rock, gabba-pop, thrash-folk or classical-glitch-psychedelia....
It's quite refreshing to discover a band that are unashamedly indie, be it a slightly darker shade of indie.
To me Finest Dearest are everything I like about good old fashioned Indie music, they seem to be a bit Weddoesish a bit Bellyish at times, of course they may take offence at my comparisons here, either way, It's good music.... But they do class themselves as dark indie pop.... and I go along with that, and they do rock out from time to time too.

Finest Dearest hail from San Fransisco and have been together about a year and have just released their first e.p. titled the Pacemaker E.P., of which Idaho is taken from..... and if the 5 tracks (including a hidden remix..... that I probably shouldn't have mentioned... oops! don't tell anyone) on this e.p. are anything to go by then I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on them in the future.
As should you.


Visit - Finest Dearest
Visit - Finest Dearest @ Myspace

Simon
x

No comments: