Sunday, June 05, 2005

Dance To The Velvet Underground...



Dunproofin' - Dance To The Velvet Underground

Guess I'm Falling In Love by The Velvet Underground is a tune I've been trying to find something to mix with for years now, could never find anything to do this slab of raw garage punk justice....
Then Mr.Dunproofin' comes along and finds the match I've been searching for... Dance To The Underground by Radio 4.... Perfect.
Guess I should just leave it to the experts eh!

If you go and visit Dunproofin's site you should grab all the tunes you can, It's all quality clobber, but I can highly recommend Bucky Gone Acid (where Mia meets James Talk somewhere in a dark acid house warehouse) and Casbah Wonder (where Stevie Wonder smacks it to The Clash)(which is also featured on the SVC Mash-Up Radio thing in my sidebar).



The Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love (Instrumental Version)

Raw, Filthy, Dirty... what a beautiful sound.
There's probably nothing I can add to everything that has been written and re-written about The Velvets so I won't even bother...
Apart from the very first time I heard this it completely blew me away, and still does every time.
Although this was recorded in 1967 it wasn't released until 1986 on the outakes and alternate versions compilation Another View, some of which turned up on the excellent Peel Slowly and See box set, not this tune though.
This version of the song is from my vinyl copy as I reckon it sounds better...
as vinyl usually does.


Buy - The Velvet Underground - Another View
Buy - The Velvet Underground - Peel Slowly and See
Buy - Radio 4 - Gotham
Visit - Dunproofin'
Visit - The Velvet Underground Web Page
Visit - Radio 4

Simon
x

No comments: