Sunday, May 01, 2005

Lo-Fi Psychedelic Country Folk Pop Rock...



I've been in a few bands over the years, but my favourite was always Ways of Stephen (a name pilfered and manipulated from the Butthole Surfers "Hairway to Steven", itself pilfered and manipulated from Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven"... natch!).

We recorded a hell of a lot of tracks, all on our trusty old Tascam 4 track portastudio cassette thingy...

I have to admit to struggling recording and mixing a lot of the stuff as there's quite a bit going on in most of the tracks, but I reckon they sound pretty good considering... and it always helps when the songs are pretty bloody good too (in my opinion of course...)

Anyway, I did this as a tribute to our friend Dave who died earlier this month after a very long fight with Cancer.
But rather than get all miserable about it I thought I'd share all the great tracks that we recorded with him.

So if you like your music of the Lo-Fi Psychedelic Country Folk Pop Rock variety you might like to check some songs out.... there's 52 of them to pick from!

Visit - Ways of Stephen
Visit - Macmillan Cancer Relief

Simon
X

No comments: