Monday, March 07, 2005

Oh I Do Like To Be By The Seaside...



Hood - Houses Tilting Towards The Sea

I was wandering on the promenade one lunchtime. Not a particularly fine day, but no rain. Cold, the start of autumn. The coloured lights were swaying gently, another season drawing to a close - not that there is a season any more, no holiday makers, horse trams plying a pointless trade up and down the sea front, waxworks long since closed.

Up bobbed this track on my Walkman. The melancholic resonance was unbearable. What I saw and what I heard belonged to each other. I was part of it, too, not just an observer.

I could really see the place. Unbearable. I suppose it is better to know the truth.
Thank you, Hood.

Buy - Hood - Cycle of Days And Seasons
Visit - Hood Music
Visit - Hood - A secondary site with loads of MP3's

Mike.

No comments: