Friday, December 03, 2004

3rd is the one with the hairy chest!


Arthur Lyman - Mele Kalikimaka
Mele Kalikimaka!
Todays song is a seasonal offering from Hawaiian genius Arthur Lyman.
Lyman's music has a strange effect on me, like going on holiday without having to find the Passports. I often put his albums on when friends come around, I think i am under the illusion this makes me seem 'Worldly Wise'. His albums usually feature his human interpretations of exotic bird calls and of course, his warm, sonorous Vibraphone playing. Not good music for driving or operating heavy machinery! It's a musical snooze button.
Todays song is not typical Arthur Lyman. It goes a bit nuts and makes me want to drink Sunny Delight and run around Toys 'R' Us.

I must go now, i have to take an old TV (Telly not Tranny) to the dump, post a letter to America, make 5 Creme Brulees and buy a life size porcelain dog from the charity shop ('Cats Protection Charity Shop' - How ironic, Alanis!) all in one afternoon.
Sunny D?

No comments: