Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Rebellious Jukebox Vol.2

Well, here we are again with another instalment.
So far we've posted 199 tracks, not counting the occasional stealthed ones in the title or comments, and I don't know about you but I've had a blast doing this, and long may it continue I say...
Not only do I think we've posted some great tracks but now we have the added bonus features of SVC Radio and SVC TV, who knows what the future has in store for us...?

As with the last Rebellious Jukebox I'll upload any tracks that you might have missed over the last couple of months, first come first served though i'm afraid, you can either request in the comments or just drop me a line via the wonder of email (found at the bottom of my sidebar).
And please don't forget to find the original post for the tracks and visit any links there might be...


Rebellious Jukebox Vol.2

SVC-101 ~ Silokk - Weened Off The Weed
SVC-102 ~ My Bloody Valentine - Map Ref 41N 93W
SVC-103 ~ White Trash - V.V.I.P
SVC-104 ~ Prinz Bambi - Goodbye Darling
SVC-105 ~ Keycentre - Bizarre Disco Animal
SVC-106 ~ BS2000 - The Scrappy
SVC-107 ~ Shampoo - Bouffant Headbutt
SVC-108 ~ Add N To (X) - Monster Bobby
SVC-109 ~ Big White Stairs - Screaming
SVC-110 ~ Chris Montez - The More I See You
SVC-111 ~ Colourbox - Baby I Love You So
SVC-112 ~ Cheap Trick - He's A Whore
SVC-113 ~ Jason Huntzinger - Same
SVC-114 ~ Low - Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me
SVC-115 ~ Neil Innes - How Sweet to Be an Idiot
SVC-116 ~ Th' Faith Healers - The People
SVC-117 ~ Marvin Gaye - I Wish It Would Rain
SVC-118 ~ Gang Of Four - Tattoo (Quiet Guy Mix)
SVC-119 ~ Beck - Fume
SVC-120 ~ Mike Seed - Goodnight Irene
SVC-121 ~ Mike Seed - Putting The Fountain To Sleep
SVC-122 ~ Mike Seed - The Road Of The Black Division
SVC-123 ~ Ways of Stephen - Roll Necks And Rupert Keks
SVC-124 ~ Ways of Stephen - Captain Quayle
SVC-125 ~ Mike Seed - Summer Sleep
SVC-126 ~ Mike Seed - Holy Nightmare
SVC-127 ~ Bronze Age Fox - Forty Four
SVC-128 ~ Urusei Yatsura - Kewpies Like Watermelon
SVC-129 ~ The Monkees - Circle Sky
SVC-130 ~ Thee Headcoats - Monkey's Paw
SVC-131 ~ Tricky - The Love Cats
SVC-132 ~ Sebadoh - (11 Minute Spoken Wank Courtesy Of Lou's Ego)
SVC-133 ~ Sebadoh - Gimme Indie Rock
SVC-134 ~ Sebadoh - Soul And Fire
SVC-135 ~ Sebadoh - P.Moon
SVC-136 ~ Girls Aloud -­ Love Machine
SVC-137 ~ Gus 'The Groove' Lewis - Let The Groove Move You
SVC-138 ~ Joy Division - In A Lonely Place (Detail)
SVC-139 ~ Psychic TV - I.C. Water
SVC-140 ~ Xiu Xiu - Ceremony
SVC-141 ~ Galaxie 500 - Ceremony
SVC-142 ~ Joy Division - Insight
SVC-143 ~ The Smashing Pumpkins - Isolation
SVC-144 ~ Bis - Love Will Tear Us Apart
SVC-145 ~ Joy Division - New Dawn Fades (Live-Amsterdam 11.01.1980)
SVC-146 ~ Fuck - Fuck Motel
SVC-147 ~ Booker T & The MG's - Green Onions (Live)
SVC-148 ~ Baby Ford - Oochy Koochy
SVC-149 ~ Acen - Trip II The Moon
SVC-150 ~ Earth Leakage Trip - The Ice Cream Van From Hell
SVC-151 ~ Together - Hardcore Uproar
SVC-152 ~ SL2 - Way In My Brain
SVC-153 ~ Bizarre Inc. - Playing With Knives
SVC-154 ~ Toxic Two - Rave Generator
SVC-155 ~ Project One - Smokin' Chalice
SVC-156 ~ L'iasons D - He Chilled Out
SVC-157 ~ Tuff Little Unit - Join The Future
SVC-158 ~ Richie Rich - Salsa House
SVC-159 ~ Fingers, Inc. - Can You Feel It
SVC-160 ~ Pierre - Box Energy
SVC-161 ~ Mr.Lee - Art Of Acid
SVC-162 ~ Armando - Let There Be House
SVC-163 ~ The Dirtbombs - Kings Lead Hat
SVC-164 ~ Le Degustation - The Lovers
SVC-165 ~ Cat Stevens - If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out
SVC-166 ~ Simple Minds - I Travel (Utah Saints Mix)
SVC-167 ~ Simple Minds - I Travel (Original 12" Version)
SVC-168 ~ Lift To Experience - Just As Was Told
SVC-169 ~ The New Year - Disease
SVC-170 ~ Bedhead - The Rest Of The Day
SVC-171 ~ Eddie Bo - From This Day On
SVC-172 ~ Dusty Springfield - You Don't Own Me
SVC-173 ~ Robbie Williams - Radio (Masseymix)
SVC-174 ~ Joy Zipper - Baby You Should Know
SVC-175 ~ Joy Zipper - Hitsville UK
SVC-176 ~ Egill Snaebjornsson - Who's You Gonna Get When You Get Set
SVC-177 ~ Egill Snaebjornsson - I Love You So
SVC-178 ~ Novak's Kapelle - Doing That Rhythm Thing
SVC-179 ~ The Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love (Instrumental)
SVC-180 ~ Primal Scream - I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have
SVC-181 ~ Unbunny - Snow Tires
SVC-182 ~ John Williams And Margot Kidder -­ The Flying Sequence
SVC-183 ~ Dennis Wilson - Time
SVC-184 ~ Relaxed Muscle - This Is As Good As It Gets
SVC-185 ~ Nancy Sinatra - Don't Let Him Waste Your Time
SVC-186 ~ The Fall - New Big Prinz
SVC-187 ~ Pulp - Dogs Are Everywhere
SVC-188 ~ The Future - Dance Like A Star
SVC-189 ~ Willis - The Space Within (Fat Truckers Mix)
SVC-190 ~ Jeff Buckley - Kick Out The Jams
SVC-191 ~ MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
SVC-192 ~ Heim - Chelsea
SVC-193 ~ JP Buckle - Batty Rymer
SVC-194 ~ The Wad - 15 Inches
SVC-195 ~ Ctrl C - Rod Is Gay
SVC-196 ~ All Seeing I - First Man In Space
SVC-197 ~ The Fall - The Aphid
SVC-198 ~ Bloc Party - Banquet
SVC-199 ~ Bloc Party - She's Hearing Voices


Which brings us right up to date...

Low Photo courtesy of Jason Huntzinger, also featured on SVC-113. Thankyou.


SVC-200 ~ Low - Fearless (Peel Session)

I had plans for another track for the 200th post up until yesterday when the very sad news of John Peel's death changed everything.
So in tribute here's one of my favourite Peel moments out of the dozens and dozens...
well actually hundreds let's face it.
It's the sublime Low doing a version of Pink Floyd's Fearless.
I'm not 100% sure but I guess Low decided to do this for Mr.Peel as the original Floyd version had You'll Never Walk Alone (which was John's beloved Liverpool FC's anthem) sung by the fans at Anfield towards the end of the song....
Low don't do it here sadly, would have made it an almost perfect Peel moment...
It is a beautiful version though.
Quite a fitting tribute I hope.

Visit - Low


I also thought it might be quite interesting to check on the most popular downloads over the last few of months since I started...
A couple of suprises in there...
The main one being that there's something I did at number 1...
I swear it's not a fix...
Honest.


SVC Top 20 Download Chart

01. Empire State Human - Be My Useless Husband
02. Nancy Sinatra - Don't Let Him Waste Your Time
03. MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
04. Jeff Buckley - Kick Out The Jams
05. The Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love (Instrumental Version)
06. New Order - Ceremony (Original 7" Version)
07. Low - I Remember (Empire State Human Mix)
08. All Seeing I - First Man In Space
09. Joy Zipper - Hitsville UK
10. Squarepusher - Love Will Tear Us Apart
11. Pavement - The Killing Moon
12. Willis - The Space Within (Fat Truckers Mix)
13. Dolly Parton - Silver Dagger
14. Low - Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me
15. Dusty Springfield - You Don't Own Me
16. Robbie Williams - Radio (Masseymix)
17. Tricky - Lovecats
18. Joy Zipper - Baby You Should Know
19. Sebadoh - P.Moon
20. Joy Division - In A Lonely Place (Detail)

Well there you have it, the above 20 count for over 30,000 downloads, which is also quite suprising.
Now I expect 30,000 comments from you ready for the next Top 20....
(Well, a boy can dream...!)

Take Care

Simon
x

No comments: