Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Last Night....

Low - Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me

And now for another of my occasional posting of one of my favourite bands...

This wonderful version of The Smiths song was originally released in 2001 on 7" and CD single, I think it's pretty hard to get hold of now, but thankfully It's been included on the excellent A Lifetime Of Temporary Relief boxset... If you haven't got it yet what are you waiting for?

It took me a long time to warm to The Smiths... Actually didn't really give them the time of day until a couple of years after they'd split, but since then have grown to love a number of their songs, the original of this being one of them.

personally I prefer Low's version, it just seems to add so much to the song and with all that reverb sounds far more atmospheric... I guess there will be the odd Smiths fan out there that disagrees with me though, but it's just my opinion.

Anyway, just download it and make up your own minds... then go and buy the Box Set.



Visit - Low



Jason Huntzinger - Same

This is a very short but very sweet version of the Low song "Same", and was recorded by Jason playing an approximation of the vocal line on guitar and a certain Mr.Alan Sparhawk (from Low) playing his Dr.Rhythm drum machine in an approximation of a Heart Beat/Ticking Clock... and very nicely done too I think you'll agree.

Jason is also a photographer, and takes some quite frankly stunning photographs of his local area Duluth, Minnesota (also the home of Low).



Please visit him at Zenith Photography



And if you have any questions or comments he'll be glad to hear from you, you can get in touch with him via email Here.



Edit

Thanks to Daniel for pointing out that the Low Song link wasn't working properly...

All fixed now... Sorry.



No comments: