Monday, August 13, 2007

Blinking 'eck...


Bodies of Water - Here Comes My Hand
Bodies of Water - These Are The Eyes

I first heard Bodies of Water in 2005 when I got their self titled ep and instantly fell in love with it, especially the lead track 'Here Comes My Hand' which just blew me away with it's catchy woo wooo's and pounding chorus with super high pitched vocals. As I said, I loved it, I added it to my recommended sidebar thing and it stayed there for some time, but regrettably I never wrote about it for one reason or another, I think possibly it was during one of my moves.

Anyway, that was then...
Today I was very happy to find their new album 'Ears Will Pop & Eyes Will Blink' on my doorstep....
Bloody hell it's good, I'm only a couple of listens in but I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite albums of 2007, if not THE favourite... It's that good.
It's a cracking album, ranging from the slow burning and broody to the completely uplifting in your face up-ness. This is the sort of album you could listen to loads and still find something new in it, and it has more melodies than you can shake a stick at.

I have a feeling that by tomorrow I'll have another two favourite tracks from the album, but for the moment my favourite track from that single in 2005 has been given a work over here and what then was a stunning track sounds even better now, crisper, punchier and improved all round.
And a close second to 'Here Comes My Hand' is the wonderful 'These Are The Eyes'...
With it's bombastic intro going into a melodramatic sounding bit and leading into a speedy-up bit towards the end... perfect.

But don't take my word for it, have a listen to these tracks then buy it.

Buy - Bodies of Water - Ears Will Pop & Eyes Will Blink
Visit - Bodies of Water

Simon
x

No comments: