Sunday, September 12, 2004

Feelin' Funky?

Gus 'The Groove' Lewis - Let The Groove Move You



God this is funky... or groovy if you prefer!

I just love the sound of this old Funky Groovy Soul(y) record....

That amazing drum sound (and there's some great funky drumming on this, apparently by someone called Leroy) with the bass and brass and grunts... Lovely.

I don't really know much about Gus 'The Groove' Lewis... well actually nothing!

This was released on a good old fashioned 7" in 1968 on the Tou-Sea label... and that's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid, so if anyone has any info I'd be very thankful.

Sorry for the slightly shoddy quality of my recording but as you'll probably hear I've played this wonderful record a lot and it's kind of warn out a bit...

Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment though.



Simon

X

No comments: