Wednesday, September 15, 2004

350125 Go! Part 2

Psychic TV - I.C. Water (Full Version)


This is Psychic TV's tribute to Ian Curtis who was a friend of Genesis P. Orridge, it was recorded in 1990 and released on their own Temple Records.
Along with all the usual Psychic TV reprobates it also features a certain Mr. Dave Ball on key duties, once of the great Soft Cell (and again now).
I was once quite a big fan of Psychic TV (following on from Throbbing Gristle) and collected a number of their records, reading material, videos, t-shirts, haircuts....
I also seriously considered joining Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth which was kind of like their own little private cult thing (friendly one though), but to join you had to send them various bodily fluids which I just wasn't prepared to part with.
Looking at it now it all seems a bit strange, and nothing like I'd even contemplate doing nowadays... Guess I was just a little lost youth looking for something... anything. Close call eh?
Anyway back to the music...
This is one of the dare I say 'Poppier' moments in their catalogue, along with another tribute to a dead hero of theirs, "Godstar" a little ditty about Brian Jones (of some little virtually unheard of beat combo called The Rolling Stones apparently).
I.C. Water can be found on their best ov compilation Beauty from Thee Beast, which also features thee aforementioned Godstar along with their versions of Good Vibrations and Je T'Aime.
Nice.

Visit - Genesis P.Orridge
Visit - Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth

No comments: