Saturday, August 07, 2004

No One Needs To Know

The Changes - No One Needs To Know

Well it seems Summers back...

So I thought id post a lovely sitting in the sun relaxing tune for you (see how thoughtful I am?)

Hailing from Chicago, The Changes have been compared to The Police, Tool (on a happy sunshiny day), Steely Dan (with post-rock stylings)...

All of these are possibly true, but to me there's a huge pinch of early Aztec Camera in there... and that's not a bad thing at all.

Pop songs with a hint of Alt.

This track though is slightly different, as its not the usual foot-tapping number that they usually write, more of a lovely lazy laid back blissed out gentle tune...

Check out the wonderful Vibes (at least that's what I think they are!) washing all the way through and getting woozy by the end.... nice.



Summer is indeed back!



Visit - The Changes



Elsewhere

Get yourself over to An Idiot's Guide To Dreaming where Loki has some great tunes from The Butthole Surfers and The Slits.

And Eric at Something I Learned Today has the brilliant Radio Song by Shellac, a song I've been after for ages... Cheers Eric.



No comments: